AVIC-HD3-II Application Update
Here you can download an update for your AVIC-HD3-II which is required to be able to update the Gracenote database.
This update is designed to work exclusively with the AVIC-HD3-II. Customers which have an AVIC-HD1BT and AVIC-HD3BT do not have to install this update. You can be sure that you have the right model by checking the label on you navigation unit.
To check and install the application update just follow the six easy steps below:
1. Check the current application:
- Switch on your Navigation unit by switching on the ignition of your car
- Press the “Menu” key on the unit
- Press the “Settings” button
- Press the “Hardware” button
- Press the “Service Info Screen” button
- Press and hold for a few seconds the upper left corner of the “Service Information” screen
- Check the “HDD Application Version”
If the version displayed is 3.100.400 or higher, then your product is equipped with the latest version and there is no need for any upgrade.
2. Download the Update
If your browser does not automatically start the download process, be sure that your browser or security software is set to allow downloading of files from this web site. You can also right-click the link above and select "Save Target As" to start the download process.
Alternatively please contact your local Pioneer organization to receive a copy of the file.
You will find the telephone numbers, email and website addresses of our Pioneer offices in Europe here.
3. Check the Software file
Check the file size (see table) of the downloaded application software file AVIC_HD3II_APL_3100400.zip by right-clicking on the file and selecting Properties. (Download again if the file size is incorrect.)
|AVIC-HD3-II||AVIC_HD3II_APL_3100400.zip||3.100.400||February 2009||26,7 MB (28.092.080 bytes)|
4. Decompress the file
Once you have downloaded the file to your computer, locate the file on your hard disk drive and double click the file to decompress it. (If you do not have a decompression utility installed on your computer, you can easily download one for free.)
5. Create the Update Disc
- To create a CD-R update disc, you will need:
- A PC with CD-R drive
- CD-R creation (writing) software
- One blank CD-R disc
- Supported OS: Windows: 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, MacOS
- Place a CD-R disc in the CD drive
- Double click the zipped ISO file named "AVIC_HD3II_APL_3100400.iso".
- The CD creation writing software on your computer should automatically open. After the software opens, it should already be set to burn an image file. If not, please make this setting in your software. If your software does not open automatically, check the next bullet
- If your software does not open automatically, then extract and save the zipped file named "AVIC_HD3II_APL_3100400.iso" to a folder on your computer. Open your creation writing software, and set it to burn an image file.
- Make sure the ISO file "AVIC_HD3II_APL_3100400.iso" is selected as the source file, and then copy/burn the file to the disc.
Note: Discs created with the built-in Windows XP CD burning software cannot be read by the AVIC-HD3-II. You must use a third-party CD burning program to create the disc in a CD-ROM Mode 1 format.
6. Update your AVIC-HD3II
Update the firmware using the CD-R disc containing the firmware file.
Perform the update following the procedure given in the HD3II Update instructions.
Note: Do not turn off or disconnect power, or remove a disc while update is in progress.
You should now be able to download and install the latest Gracenote Database update.
Where to buy TAD Speakers
All TAD Professional Speakers are distributed worldwide by:
Pioneer Electronics Service Inc.
1925 E. Dominguez Street
Long Beach, CA 90810
- Car Stereo, Radio
- Navigation, GPS
- Car AV Receiver
- Speakers & Subwoofer
- TV Tuner
- Car Accessories
- Match Products to Your Car
- Amplifier, Receiver
- Blu-ray, DVD Player
- Hi-Fi system, iPod dock
- Home Cinema System
- Network player
- SACD Player
- AV Accessories
- Product Registration
- Software & Firmware
- Product Compliance Documents
- Warranty Conditions