The XDJ-R1 all-in-one DJ system – the portable, rekordbox ready DJ unit that delivers wireless control from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
May 30, 2013
Our XDJ-R1 complete DJ system is the all-in-one dream: the union of CD/USB decks, DJ software control, a top-flight mixer, powerful performance features and – in an industry first – intuitive remote control via iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The perfect package for DJs who demand flexibility without the fuss, the self-contained XDJ-R1 enables instant switching between multiple sources: twin CD, USB and MIDI. DJs can analyse tracks in the included rekordbox DJ software and load via USB media to access a host of exciting features including Beat Sync and Quantized Beat FX. Or they can choose MIDI to control any DJ software, such as the included VirtualDJ LE.
The XDJ-R1’s tactile controls deliver limitless possibilities for live performance: packing in two touch-sensitive jog wheels for precision scratching, a two-channel mixer, and dedicated buttons for loops, Hot Cues, samples and studio-quality sound colour effects.
Redefining versatility, the XDJ-R1 can be controlled wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch using our remotebox app. DJs can connect to the XDJ-R1’s own wireless LAN and use their touch screen to intuitively browse music, mix and mash up tracks – all from outside the booth. The app also introduces the XY pad: a two-dimensional way to assign and manipulate Beat FX and Colour FX using one intuitive control.
The XDJ-R1 crams our DJ’s extensive capabilities into one portable, rekordbox ready, affordable unit. All DJs need add is creativity.
The XDJ-R1 all-in-one DJ system is available from June at an SRP of 859 GBP/999 EUR, including VAT.
- remotebox is available for download from the App Store
- VirtualDJ LE will be available from Middle of June 2013 at: pioneerdj.com
KEY FEATURES OF THE XDJ-R1
All-in-one rekordbox system packs everything DJs need into one deck
The XDJ-R1 is DJ-ready out of the box, so there’s no need to add other equipment or fiddle with multiple cable connections. The unified deck packs in USB playback, two CD drawers, two touch-sensitive jog wheels, a two-channel mixer – plus effects and performance features taken from our DJ’s industry-standard set-up.
Mix from multiple sources including rekordbox USB, CDs and VirtualDJ LE
DJs can simply load tracks from USB or CD to play a range of media – including AAC (USB only), MP3, WAV, AIFF and 24-bit files. Just like the pro-DJ range, tracks prepared in rekordbox can be exported onto USB, allowing DJs to take advantage of features such as the track database, beat grids and Hot Cues. Or they can effortlessly switch to MIDI to control other DJ software on their laptop via wired connection – including the free download of VirtualDJ LE with its four-channel and video mixing.
Crammed with performance features from our pro-DJ range
The XDJ-R1’s intuitive controls put the power of live edits for impressive performances at the DJ’s fingertips:
- rekordbox Beat Sync: automatically syncs tracks to the master deck using rekordbox beat grid information
- Auto Beat Loop: automatically loops tracks at specified beat lengths
- Hot Cues: DJs can instantly access up to three Hot Cue points on each deck
- Sound Colour FX: NOISE, PITCH, CRUSH and FILTER FX are inherited from our pro-DJ mixers, offering a HI and LO Pass sweep on each channel for even mightier manipulation
- Beat FX: dedicated buttons on each deck for TRANS, FLANGER, ECHO and ROLL beat effects with Tap Tempo
- Four-beat Sampler: access three pre-loaded samples
Shift Mode: fast access to advanced features, including:
- Quantize: locks the beat timing of effects to rekordbox beat grids for perfect sounding performances
- Search: quickly scan through whole tracks with the jog wheel
- Edit: delete Hot Cues and samples
INDUSTRY FIRST: Remote mixing and FX control with remotebox for iPhone/iPad
DJs can download the free remotebox app for iPhones, iPads and iPod touch (available from the App Store) to use their device as a remote control for all the XDJ-R1’s amazing features.1 The XDJ-R1 creates a private wireless LAN for reliable connection to the DJ’s iOS device.
Intuitive touch-screen control includes browsing, loading and mixing tracks, as well as triggering FX, Auto Beat Loops, Hot Cues and samples. Plus – unique in our range – remotebox introduces the innovative XY Pad: a two-dimensional way to engage and manipulate Beat FX and Sound Colour FX in combination.
DJs using remotebox on the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch are liberated from the booth to interact more, showcase their talents and even let the crowd get involved with choosing tracks.
Custom-designed accessories, ease of set up and portability
The XDJ-R1 all-in-one system contains everything DJs need in one sleek box, including a handy iPhone/iPod touch stand to position the screen in line of sight at all times. Plus the DJC-SC3 sturdy carry bag (sold separately) is custom-designed for the XDJ-R1, with multiple pockets and a vertical structure to give DJs easy access even in confined booths.
Multiple input and output options for maximum flexibility
The XDJ-R1 is equipped with a MASTER OUT (XLR), BOOTH OUT, AUX and MIC, to enable connection to external hardware and professional PA systems. The central mixer can therefore be connected to turntables and CDJs and used as a stand-alone mixer.
High-quality audio circuitry for pristine and powerful sound
The XDJ-R1 inherits sound design from our pro-DJ equipment, including a built-in 44.1 kHz/24-bit soundcard and a high-performance CPU.
Other features include:
- Independent three-band isolator with total kill
- Dual headphone output - mini jack for inner-ear headphones and standard jack for full-size headphones
- VU meters for each channel and the master output give a visual reference for signal levels
|Main specifications of the XDJ-R1|
|Playable media||USB storage devices, CD, CD-R/RW|
|Playable file formats||MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (only MP3, WAV and AIFF can be played from CD)|
|USB storage formats supported||FAT32, FAT16|
|No. of channels||2|
|Wireless communications format||IEEE 802.11b/g (2.4 GHz band)|
|Sampling rate||44.1 kHz|
|A/D, D/A converter||24 bit|
|Frequency response||20 Hz～20 kHz|
|S/N ratio||98 dB or above (USB)|
|Total harmonic distortion||Max 0.006% (USB)|
|Head room||19 dB|
|USB ports||A port ×1, B port ×1|
PHONO/LINE ×2 (RCA)
MIC ×1 (¼ inch JACK)
AUX ×1 (RCA)
MASTER OUT ×2 (XLR ×1, RCA ×1)
HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT ×2 (front ¼ inch JACK, Mini JACK)
BOOTH OUT ×1 (RCA)
|Maximum external dimensions (W×H×D)||623 mm × 308.4 mm × 107.7 mm|
|Body weight||6.8 kg|
|System requirements – rekordbox DJ software (included)|
USB stoMac OS®X (10.5.8 or above)
Windows®7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Ultimate/Business (SP2 or above)
Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional (SP3 or above)
(*Windows® XP Professional x64 edition is not supported)
|System requirements – remotebox mobile application|
iPhone 3GS or above
iPod touch 3rd generation or above
iPad iOS5 or above
|System requirements – VirtualDJ LE (free download)|
|Supported OS (Windows)||
Windows® 7/Vista/XP (SP3)
Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ XP
512 MB RAM or more
|Supported OS (Mac)||
Mac OS X v 10.5/10.6/10.7
Intel® processor platform
1024 MB RAM or more
|Required disk space||50 MB or more|
|Display resolution||1024 x 768 or more|
|Additional requirements for video mixing||
ATI™ or NVIDIA® video chipset
Dedicated 256 MB DDR3 RAM video
* Windows®, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista® and Windows® XP are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries.
* Intel® is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the US and other countries.
* iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac and Mac OS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
* VirtualDJ is a registered trademark of Atomix Productions, Inc.
* iPhone, iPad and iTouch sold separately.
* Other stated company names, product names, technology names, etc. are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
1 Scratch function is not supported by remotebox.