Software & firmware downloads
By downloading software and firmware, you agree to the terms of our Software Download Agreement.
Downloads for CDJ-400
|CDJ-400 Firmware for Windows and MacOS X||1.33||01-06-2011|
|Drivers for Windows||1.210||27-11-2013|
|CDJ Aggregator for Mac||2.0||30-10-2012|
|CDJ-400 Driver Software||1.007||19-09-2008|
|Connectivity with Traktor, Virtual DJ Pro or MixVibes Cross||20-04-2010|
CDJ-400 Firmware for Windows and MacOS X
|CDJ400_VER133_WindowsMac.zip||1.33||01-06-2011||Update history file||1.15 MB|
Download firmware for your CDJ-400, making it functional as a controller for use with DJ Software Application. This firmware will also improve the Audio Transfer when using the internal sound card with ASIO drivers, along with various other known bugs.
You'll only need this firmware if your CDJ-400 is lower than version 1.33.
From version 1.8.2 (September 2008) on, you can now control Serato Scratch LIVE from the transport and buttons of the CDJ-400. Scratch Live will also send the track information directly to your CDJ-400 display. We recommend updating your CDJ-400 with the latest firmware to take full advantage of Serato's update (full details of the update are available here).
Simply follow the steps below:
1. Check which version of the CDJ-400 you own
- Turn your CDJ-400 on
- Press and hold the RELOOP/EXIT button for 10 seconds.
- The system version will show on the display.
- If your firmware version is 1.33 or above, you do not need to update your CDJ-400.
- To exit, turn the power off.
2. Download the firmware
- You can download the firmware and use either a USB memory device or your CD-R/RW drive to burn the firmware to a CD-R Disc. You can then use the USB stick or disc to update your CDJ-400.
- If you use a USB memory device, it should be formatted in FAT or FAT32
- If you use a CD-R or CD-RW, you will require a CD-R/RW Drive, CD-R/RW Writing Software and one unused CD-R or a CD-RW disc.
- Double click your downloaded file to extract the firmware.
- Specify a folder for the extracted files. If you don't specify a folder, the extracted files will be placed in the same folder as the downloaded file.
- After extraction, you will see the file:
File size: 4.21MB (4,424,180 bytes)
- Copy this file to your USB memory device or disc (it is essential that you do not change the file name).
3. Update the firmware on your CDJ-400
- With power turned OFF, remove any connected USB memory or computer, and confirm that no discs are loaded. While simultaneously holding the TIME MODE/AUTO CUE button and RELOOP/EXIT buttons, set power to ON.
- When "DOWNLOAD" appears in the display, remove your fingers from the TIME MODE/AUTO CUE button and RELOOP/EXIT button.
- Insert the USB memory or disc containing the firmware update file.
- The progress of the update will be indicated in the display.
- Do not turn power OFF while the update process is continuing
- Update will be completed in about 1 minute.
- When the update is completed, the display will show "COMPLETE."
- If the update was performed from USB memory, turn the power OFF before disconnecting the USB memory. If the update was performed from a disc, the disc holder will open automatically to eject the disc; remove the disc and turn the power off.
- This completes the update procedure.
- Follow the above procedure closely to perform the update.
- Never turn off or disconnect power, or remove a disc while update is in progress.
- If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please contact our service desk.
- If "ERROR" appears in the display, stop the operation, turn off the power, and consult our service desk.
- The CDJ-400 DJS control guide is available here.
Drivers for Windows
CDJ Aggregator for Mac
|CDJ Aggregator for Mac||2.0||30-10-2012||Update history file||25 KB|
For connecting multiple CDJs to a Mac, as well as designating them as audio output device targets for your supporting DJ software, you will first need to set up an aggregated device. This can normally be accomplished by using Audio MIDI Setup, a utility which comes bundled with Mac OS X. We have provided an alternative program called CDJ Aggregator, which simplifies this procedure to a single click.
Please also download the instruction manual and read through it before installing the tool.
This tool is not necessary for Windows users because Windows CDJ drivers support audio output to multiple devices. Please be sure to install and use the Windows drivers corresponding to your CDJ device.
CDJ-400 Driver Software
Connectivity with Traktor, Virtual DJ Pro or MixVibes Cross
The CDJ-400 has a USB HID/MIDI control interface and sound card, so you can use your CDJ-400 with third-party DJ software like Traktor or Virtual DJ Pro and play music in high quality audio.
To use third party DJ software with Pioneer products with Windows operating systems, you will need to install the drivers by downloading them from above, or from the CD that came with your CDJ-400. Mac users do not need drivers.
The latest support information on how to connect your CDJ-400 with third party DJ software can be found below, including setup instructions and connection schemes.
|Traktor||Ver. 1.2 or above
|USB HID, USB AUDIO||Connection guide
|Virtual DJ Pro||Ver. 6.0.3 or above
|USB HID, USB AUDIO||Connection diagram|
|MixVibes Cross||Ver. 1.2 or above
|USB MIDI||Connection diagram|
Where to buy TAD Speakers
All TAD Professional Speakers are distributed worldwide by:
Pioneer Electronics Service Inc.
1925 E. Dominguez Street
Long Beach, CA 90810
- Car Stereo, Radio
- Navigation, GPS
- Car AV Receiver
- Speakers & Subwoofer
- TV Tuner
- Car Accessories
- Match Products to Your Car
- Amplifier, Receiver
- Blu-ray, DVD Player
- Hi-Fi system, iPod dock
- Home Cinema System
- Speaker bars
- Network player
- SACD Player
- AV Accessories
- Product Registration
- Software & Firmware
- Product Compliance Documents
- Warranty Conditions