Our Commitment to Sustainable Energy
We are continuously striving to improve our products, while maximising our efforts to lower the impact of these products on the environment. In accordance with our vision for the future, we are committed to several voluntary environmental agreements.
Based on these longstanding commitments, we have been accepted by the European Commission as a Sustainable Energy Partner.
Our commitment to Energy Efficiency includes voluntary agreements on:
- TV and VCR: reduction of power consumption in standby mode, with a maximum of 6W
- Audio: reduction of power consumption in standby mode to a maximum of 1 W by 2007
- A Code of Conduct for digital TV service systems: reducation of standby and On mode energy consumption
- Self Commitment for TV products: improving efficiency by 10% over the next 7 years, as well as informing consumers on energy consumption
- Self commitment for DVD products: reduction of power consumption in standby mode to a maximum of 1W
These products fall within the scope of our commitment to Sustainable Energy Europe:
- Plasma TV
- Professional Plasma Displays
- Hard Disk Drive DVD Recorders
- DVD Players
- Home Cinema Amplifier/Receiver Systems
- Home Cinema Systems
For more information:
- Visit the Sustainable Energy Europe 2005 - 2008 Campaign website
- Download the news release describing our involvement with Sustainable Energy Europe
- Contact your local Pioneer office.
Pioneer Global Online