Here you can download an update for your DVJ-X1.
The update will enable:
- support for playback of MP3 files on CD-R/RW
- active digital out during playback of DVD’s in DJ mode
- chapter or track loop function
- Wave form display in preview screen
- Direct loading of Hot Cue’s
You'll only need to update your DVJ-X1 if it has a System Version lower than 3.00. Make sure that you check the DVJ-X1 Update instructions for more information regarding the new and improved features
Just follow the five easy steps below:
1. Check which version of the DVJ-X1 you own
- Turn the player on.
- Keep pressing MASTER TEMPO button for 10 seconds. Main version is displayed on FL display. After that, drive firmware version can be seen by pressing the cursor button.
- Remember, you'll only need to update if your System has a Version lower than 3.00.
- To return the DVJ-X1 player to its normal operating state, turn the player off and then on again.
2. Download the Update
- Click on the button below to start your download
- The file is 4.62MB and was released on 2 September 2008
- If your browser does not automatically start the download process, be sure that your browser or security software is set to allow downloading of files from this web site.
- You can also right-click the button and select “Save Target As” to start the download process.
3. Check the Firmware File
- Check the size (4.62MB) of the downloaded firmware file ‘DVJX1_V3.00.iso’ by right-clicking on the file and selecting Properties. (Download again if the file size is incorrect.)
4. Create the Update Disc
- It is important to use a good quality branded blank CD-R disc or completely erased CD-RW disc.
- Create the update disc by burning the file to a CD-R or CD-RW disc.
- Burn the file to the disc using disc-at-once mode (2x Speed) and ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system format. (The player will not recognize the update disc and the update cannot be performed if the file is not burned correctly to the disc.)
- Make sure that the disc session is closed / the disc is finalised.
5. Update your device
- Update the firmware using the CD-R or CD-RW disc containing the firmware file.
- Perform the update following the procedure given in the PDF DVJ-X1 Update instructions
Note: Do not turn off or disconnect power, or remove a disc while update is in progress