The DDJ-S1 for Serato ITCH gets an upgrade – now with ITCH VERSION 2.0
We are taking the DDJ-S1 ITCH controller to the next level, upgrading the bundled software to Serato ITCH 2.0. By combining the latest version of Serato ITCH software with Pioneer operability and controllerism, the DDJ-S1 unleashes the potential in every DJ.
1 August 2011
The software's new customisable user interface can be tailored to individual DJ styles, straight from the DDJ-S1 controller, and brings ITCH in line with the look and feel of Scratch Live. The Hot Cue Fader Start function adds a new dimension by allowing DJs to simultaneously use Hot Cues and control the volume through the crossfader. Other features such as a brand new SP 6 sample player and improved library management all add to the heady mix.
Already the perfect mobile DJ set-up, the DDJ-S1 features balanced XLR output/input for direct connection to professional PA equipment, and a microphone talk-over function designed with MCing in mind. Its unique laptop integrating design and plug-and-play connection eliminate set-up issues to let DJs get down to business with minimal fuss.
The DDJ-S1 controller will be bundled with Serato ITCH 2.0 from October. Existing DDJ-S1 users can download the software update, free of charge today.
Watch the video
Hot Cue Fader Start function for new performance possibilities
The new Hot Cue Fader Start function combines the Fader Start and Hot Cue functions – meaning the Hot Cues and volume can be controlled at the same time from the crossfader. Start playing a track instantly from five random points using the crossfader to expand your performance potential.
Customisable user interface for every style of DJing
Following a similar look and feel to Scratch Live, ITCH 2.0 will be much more familiar to existing Serato users. The upgrade features several improvements to the user interface for ultimate screen visibility.
- Album Artwork View for quick and easy track browsing, for those who prefer a visual reference.
- Day and Night modes to tailor display colours to time and environment.
- Four display modes to match a range of DJing styles. Choose from Horizontal waveform, Vertical waveform, Library (decks displayed in miniature) or Stack (decks stacked vertically). Dedicated buttons on the controller enable instant switching between modes.
SP6 sample player enhances performance possibilities
For the first time ever, the hugely popular SP6 sample player from Serato SCRATCH LIVE has been added to ITCH version 2.0, allowing DJs to synchronise and play sound from six difference sources.
Additional software updates
- Smart Crates which auto-fill using keywords from the library
- Serato Playlists can be shared live or online after a performance
- Re-optimised SYNC engine for precise grids and locked grooves
- Improved library management for copying of crates and tracks to external drives during performance preparation.
Serato ITCH 2.0: System Requirements
|Compatible OS (Mac)||Mac OS X 10.4.11
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Mac OS X 10.6 (32-bit/64-bit)
|Compatible OS(Windows)||Windows XP (latest Service Pack, 32-bit)
Windows 7 (latest Service pack, 32-bit)