Pioneer DJ Products Warranty Disclaimer
Pioneer is aware that some dealers are currently purchasing Pioneer brand products outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and selling these products within the EEA, without Pioneer's consent.
Pioneer warns that such importation is not legal for the following reasons:
- All electronic products must comply with the applicable European laws, rules and regulations, including in particular CE marking. Pioneer products originating from outside the EEA do not contain this marking and as such cannot be placed on the EEA market. Pioneer consequently will not accept any warranty claim for Pioneer products without CE marking.
- Importation of Pioneer brand products into the EEA requires Pioneer's prior approval with regards to its trademark and other intellectual property (IP) rights. Pioneer consequently reserves the right to initiate legal action against any persons and/or companies for breach of its IP rights.
What to do?
If you have not yet purchased a product, Pioneer recommends you use our website search facilities to find an Authorised Pioneer dealer.
What to look out for?
On the website...
If you are browsing for Pioneer goods online you may come across some of the following claims, all of which are false:
- "No VAT to pay!" - Most Pioneer retailers are VAT registered and there is usually a VAT charge in the European Economic Area (EEA).
- "There are no Customs Charges!" - Customs will charge the consumer if they deem that goods imported from outside the EEA require customs charges.
On the product you would receive...
If you purchase a product that you suspect may be imported from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), there maybe some indications to confirm this:
- No CE Marking - The CE mark is a kite mark that is present on all products destined for use within the EEA.
- Box label - If the writing on the box states "No CE Marking Compliance. Not for Sale in European Economic Area (EEA)".
- Box Suffix - The box suffix on all product intended for the EEA begins with the letters WSYX or SYX, if the suffix begins with anything other than this, as per the photo to the right, it is not intended for sale within the EEA.
- 110V to 240V - US voltage is 110V, and some Pioneer Products made for outside the EEA have the ability to switch between 110V and 240V. It is illegal in Europe to have this Voltage Selection feature.
- Missing Serial Number - on the box and on the product a Pioneer Serial number should always be present. Be aware that some Dealers importing to the EEA are purposely removing the serial number to stop the products being traced back to where they originated.
- Power Lead - All Pioneer products for sale in the EEA come with standard plugs. Power leads on products not destined for the EEA might require an adaptor.
Where to find an Authorised Dealer?
Our authorised Pioneer dealers are committed to dedicated display of Pioneer products in-store as well as providing qualified sales staff able to provide knowledgeable demonstrations of Pioneer's range of technically advanced products.
Use the shop locator to check if the dealer you wish to buy from is an authorised Pioneer Dealer.
Beware of counterfeit Pioneer DJ products
Like many premium products, Pioneer DJ gear is being imitated and sold at non-authorized dealers or popular auction or other websites, usually at largely reduced prices.
Fake products do not meet our high standards of build, performance and sound quality. You may pay less, but you will not get the expected performance. Neither will you benefit from our 12 month warranty or further support, should the product malfunction.
If you would like to report a suspected counterfeit Pioneer DJ product, please contact your nearest Pioneer office. We appreciate your help to prevent the distribution of counterfeit products.
Spot the Real Thing from a Fake
|Original product||Counterfeit product|
|Rough edges and finish, casting mark|
|Headband logo painted with different paint type (matte finish).
Pioneer logo not shaped correctly.
|Rough casting, poor quality L/R markings.
Additional rim between the cushion and casing.
- Check the Logo:
The letter "o" in our logo is always a perfect oval, just like in the picture. If your headphones have a round "o" – they're most likely dodgy.
- Check the hinges:
Ours are always silver, as shown below. Black hinges mean fake.
- Check the black headband section:
It must extend all the way to towards the hinges. Fake copies have a black headband that extends only a very short way down.
- Finally – check the audio quality:
If it's poor and not the high quality you'd expect from us… then it's most likely not a Pioneer pair.
Where to buy TAD Speakers