New Pioneer high-end AV receivers with CLASS D amplification.
New Pioneer high-end AV receivers with CLASS D amplification.
13 September 2012
Pioneer introduces its new top of the line AV receivers, three 9.2-channel models including the SC-LX86, SC-LX76 and SC-LX56, and the 7.2-channel SC-2022 that can become the consumer’s entertainment hub for connectivity, content sources, control and ultra-high audio and video performance. Each receiver is designed to deliver clean and powerful audio output with high efficiency using Pioneer’s renowned and further refined Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology.
The new line is also enhanced with advanced network features and custom installation set-up options including Apple’s AirPlay1, DLNA 1.5 , Windows 7, Internet Radio, PC Setup control, Advanced MCACC auto-calibration, multiple HDMI inputs and Pioneer’s trendsetting iPad, iPhone, and iPod apps including iControlAV20122 and Air Jam3.
To ensure that the receivers deliver the highest fidelity home entertainment experience the top three models are all certified by THX, while the SC-LX86 and SC-LX76 additionally have been sonically tuned at AIR Studios.
“Both our users and custom installers are looking for audiophile home cinema receivers that are versatile, customisable and extremely powerful,” explains Philippe Coppens, Technology and Product Information Manager at Pioneer Europe. “With their numerous connectivity options, customisation features, multi-zone capabilities and extreme yet accurate output power, we’re confident these new best-in-class receivers can deliver on those expectations.”
Superior AV processing
All models integrate Pioneer’s latest Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology and incorporate various leading edge technologies to provide the absolute best audio and video performance.
- Direct Energy HD amplifiers built on Class D technology – Direct Energy HD amplifiers are built into all models to deliver the true audio potential of uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Discs as well as other high-definition audio content. The amplifier section of each new receiver delivers affluent power to each available channel, providing great detail and high dynamic range, with virtually no loss in performance even with all channels simultaneously driven at full volume.
- Advanced MCACC – Pioneer takes room calibration further with Advanced MCACC, which performs 3D calibration by including time axis parameters while automatically compensating for differences in speaker size, output level and distance.
- Auto Phase Control Plus – With Auto Phase Control Plus, each receiver automatically provides real-time phase matching by continuously analysing the audio input and adjusting the output signals for each individual speaker and subwoofer to compensate for potential lag in the source.
- PQLS Bit-Stream – PQLS technology eliminates distortion caused by digital timing errors with HDMI connections.
- Virtual Speaker Modes – For a more realistic audio video experience, the new receivers can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected, newly adding “virtual wide” to virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth.
- 4K pass through - To maximise the user’s video display performance with state-of-the-art video processing, the SC-LX56 and above also offer 4k pass through.
Each new receiver enables users to customise their home set-up, with the top three 9.2 channel models providing up to ten different speaker configurations. Users can for instance create a full 5.1 system and use the remaining channels for additional zones, all controllable directly from the receiver and/or portable device running the iControlAV2012 app.
- Zone Controls – The receivers are capable of providing various audio and video outputs and control signals for multiple rooms (zones). From the SC-LX56 and above, up to three zones can be set up for audio. The SC-LX86 and SC-LX76 include an HDMI output to a fourth zone.
- More subwoofer outputs – Pioneer’s top of the range receivers come equipped with a dedicated zone 2 subwoofer output in addition to the dual subwoofer out in the main zone.
The power of connectivity
Similar to Pioneer’s recently introduced VSX receivers, these new models offer a multitude of network connectivity options including Apple’s AirPlay, DLNA 1.5, Internet radio and Bluetooth audio streaming (with optional AS-BT200 BT adapter).
The Pioneer AS-WL300 Wireless LAN converter ships with the top three models and is available as an option for the SC-2022.
- Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod – Each receiver in the line-up is “Made for iPad, iPhone and iPod” and comes with a USB/video cable to provide an out-of-the-box “plug-and-play” convenience. Users can enjoy audio, video and photos stored on their Apple mobile device without having to buy an optional dock, as well as charge it while physically connected to the receiver.
- MHL-compatible devices connectivity – The top three models add front Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) connectivity for adapting smartphones as another source for audio and video entertainment supporting content with up to 1080p video and 7.1-channel HD audio resolution from Android handheld devices, complete with battery charging and remote control. An MHL cable (1m) is included.
- Built-in USB-DAC for easy PC connection - The flagship SC-LX86 integrates an asynchronous USB-DAC, allowing direct USB connection with a PC 4 and supporting 192 kHz/32 bit music file content.
Controlling home entertainment systems with mobile devices is becoming more popular, and Pioneer makes it possible with its proprietary iControlAV2012 app, available as a free download from the Apple App Store for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or www.apple.com/itunes/. The app features all essential controls, as well as the ability for the user to choose and control content from Internet radio stations and music files from network-attached storage (NAS) devices on a home network. A dedicated app is also available for Android users via Google Play at play.google.com.
The SC-LX56, SC-2022, SC-LX86 and SC-LX76 are all available in store now
Notes to Editors
1 - AirPlay requires iTunes 10.1 or later and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 4.2 or later
2 - AV receiver needs to be connected to a wired LAN in a wireless LAN network. This application is developed and checked for operation.
3 - Noise and interruption may be caused when the iPod touch/iPhone/iPad is connected to other Bluetooth devices. This application is developed and checked for operation under iOS 4.2 or later. The number of connectable devices or compatibility may differ when other software versions are installed.
4 - PC requires driver download from Pioneer website
Apple, AirPlay, App Store, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android and Google Play are trademark of Google Inc.
The Bluetooth word mark is registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Pioneer is under license.
DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA Certified are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Blu-ray Disc is a trademark of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
MHL, the MHL Logo, and Mobile High-Definition Link are trademarks or registered trademarks of MHL LLC in the United States and other countries.